IVF Support and Preparation:
It is suggested to begin acupuncture and herbal treatment four months before the IVF cycle. This is especially important if you have had previous IVF/IUI cycles. If this is not possible, begin treatment as soon as possible in the IVF cycle. We are very familiar with the process and how acupuncture can increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy and baby. The focus of the acupuncture treatments will be to improve egg quality and increase blood flow to the uterus enhancing the formation of a healthy uterine lining.
A high quality egg is needed to have a viable embryo. Increased blood flow to the uterus is associated with higher success rates of IVF cycles.
IUI Support and Preparation:
Many reproductive endocrinologists recommend IUI’s in case of:
- unexplained infertility
- cervical factor infertility
- male factor infertility (this includes count, motility and morphology)
- sexual dysfunction
- donor sperm
Acupuncture and herbal therapy can enhance IUI by:
- enhancing egg and follicle health
- increasing blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, improving implantation
- decreasing side effects of fertility medications
- decreasing stress levels